The content displayed on the TPM websites, including the selection, arrangement, and design (“Content”) is the property of TPM or its licensors, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content may be used only for your personal and non-commercial use and may not be edited or modified for any purpose. By accessing the TPM websites, you agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, display, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the Content to anyone, except that you may occasionally reproduce, distribute, display or transmit an insubstantial portion of Content, for a noncommercial purpose, to a limited number of individuals, provided you use the phrase “Used with permission from the TPM websites, a service of TPM Media LLC.” All rights not expressly granted herein are hereby reserved.
TPM does not claim ownership of the Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the TPM websites. The Content is the property of the author of such Content. You agree to grant TPM a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell such Content in any format now know or hereafter created, and to use your name and other identifying information you provide in connection with that Content. You also permit any visitor or member of the TPM websites to use such Content for personal use as described above.
If you believe in good faith that any Content infringes your copyright, you may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed though we cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your correspondence. Notices should be sent here.
3. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
You agree that your access to, and use of, the Service and the Content available on the TPM websites is on an “as-is”, “as available” basis. The TPM websites include facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations deemed of interest, and TPM does not endorse these views, opinions and recommendations. TPM specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the TPM websites and the Content, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties of accuracy, completeness, timeliness, noninfringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. TPM will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury caused in whole or part by its negligence or contingencies beyond its control in procuring, compiling, interpreting, reporting or delivering> the TPM websites and the Content. In no event will TPM be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on the Content. TPM shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages (including, without limitation, consequential, special, incidental, indirect, or similar damages), other than direct damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for damages or the exclusion of certain types of warranties, parts or all of the above limitation may not apply to you.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The TPM websites may contain hyperlinks to web sites operated by persons other than TPM. You agree not to hold TPM responsible for the content or operation of such web sites. A hyperlink from the TPM websites to another web site does not imply or mean that TPM endorses the content on that web site or the operator or operations of that site. You are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you may use any content at any other web sites to which you might link from the TPM websites.
5. ADDITIONAL LEGAL TERMS
6. USER OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself upon registration and thereafter. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify the TPM websites of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. TPM cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply this Section 6. You agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content, including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
You agree not to use the TPM websites or the Service to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available (“Post”) any Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, false or inaccurate, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); or
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, intentionally or unintentionally;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
7. PRIVACY AND USE OF INFORMATION.
8. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
The TPM logo, TPMCafe, Talking Points Memo, TPM, TPM Media, TPM Election Central, TPMmuckraker, TPMtv and the other trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the TPM websites (the “TPM Marks”) are the trademarks of TPM. You agree not to display or use the TPM Marks in any manner without TPM’s prior written consent.